Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wellness Wednesday- All things beauty

This one is All Things Beauty Routine!



Fact- I'm trying to slowly change out our everyday products to ones with better ingredients. It doesn't happen over night. I was just talking to my sweet SIL about this. You want to basically do an overhaul of ALL THE THINGS, basically hit a restart button on what you are buying, eating, cleaning with, fighting sickness with, PUTTING IN YOUR BEAUTY ROUTINE, etc... but it's just not possible or affordable in that way. It starts with ONE change. Then when you run out of something... make another change, or buy another oil, or clean with a non-toxic product... the list is ongoing- see what I mean?!

SO, in sticking to All things beauty routine, here goes!

I basically just pulled all the things that I think I used yesterday morning and put on the windowsill. :)
From left to right... 
1) Native Deodorant! I recently made the change to this and am LOVING it.... and I mean LOVING it! I have been using Degree and others with antiperspirant in them since... well... I started wearing deodorant, but since taking more focus on our families wellness, decided to give this raved about product a try, and it did NOT disappoint. It smells SOOO good (I have coconut vanilla right now, and got a little travel sized one in another scent for only a 3$ add on! #iloveminisizedthings) I sweat, but not like I thought I would, and when I do ... it doesn't smell bad, only like I'm in a vanilla scented Pina' colada. hahaha
Next on the list is to switch Ryan over!

If you're interested, let me know! I just got an email saying that if a friend signs up that I refer we both get a free mini travel size deodorant!

On the price- each stick is 12$, but 10$ if you sign up as a member, where they automatically send you a deodorant every 2 months (which is totally normal to me!) Can't beat it!

2) Vanicream
My dermatologist recommended this face wash. It has clean ingredients and suuuper affordable. I feel like it does a great job. You can get it at Walgreens, and I've also linked it below!




At night, I follow up with a face cream and eye cream, that I'm out of... and am in search of replacing... so any leads will be appreciated! Then, I dot on some tea tree oil in my trouble spots (neat-meaning no carrier oil needed). I have been doing this for about two weeks and can tell a difference! I'm hooked! (I would not to this in the day time, as some oils will discolor your skin if worn in the sunlight. I'm not sure this is one of them, but I try to stay away from putting things anywhere than the bottoms of my feet if I know I'm going to be out in the sun. (Just a little heads up.)

3)Elta Sunscreen- also derm recommended. I have to buy in their office... as the receptionist told me that it should not be sold online and if I find on Amazon, it may be a fake! Yikes! It's a little pricy at 35$ for that smallish tube, but the best feeling face sunscreen I've EVER used. I won't be giving this one up! I even put it on my kid's faces before we go to the park!

4) Homemade body wash! Yep! Beaming here. lol

I was using Dove Foaming Shower wash... and ADORED it. Then.... I looked it up. There are some pretty questionable ingredients... so, I decided to try my hand in making my own foaming body wash using a recycled Theives foaming hand soap container, and it turned out fantastic! (Now... the first time, I did NOT like the smells I mixed together, but now... oh now I have citrus and lavender together and it's amazing! Here is my recipe!


5) Shampoo- a find at our new TJ Maxx that had good ingredients! Whoohoo!
6) Melu conditioner! I have raved about it before, and still love the way it makes my hair feel! It's like a mask! I let it stay on my hair for about 5 minutes while I wash and shave and don't rinse it all out! I have NOT checked my ingredients on this one (maybe in fear that it won't meet my new standards) but I'll research once I get closer to the end of my container and let you know. :) 
There is a mini version of this too, it you just want to give it a try before going all in!






Next up is this little group...

7) Vanicream lotion- right now I am out of a body lotion (in search of a new one), and I'm using Vanicream unscented face lotion with a drop of oil for scent. 9/10 times it's lavender at bed time, and the other 1/10 is White Angelica from Young Living! I also have the Young Live body lotion in lavender on repeat... (not pictured) and leave it in my car to use daily when I'm out and about (that's why it's not pictured. :)


8) Lashboost- it works people! Pricey... but it works! This is my second tube.
9) Moroccan oil or a generic silk treatment on my wet hair before my blow-dry! It makes a huge difference! I'm sure I could upgrade in the product area on these two!

So what are your go-to products? I'm really interested in the the Young Living and Beauty Counter products, but haven't quite made the switch. 

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment