Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Wellness Wednesday!



I am going to try to devote Wednesday blog posts to Wellness! Hence the cute little icon you will see each week! (Thanks Canva!)

I have always been thoughtful about what I put in and on my body (don't judge me for drinking a Diet Coke though, ok?)... ESPECIALLY after having kids ;). Thinking so much about another human being only drives you to do the best to look into their best interest, obsess over schedules, and use rub on, versus aerosol sunscreen spray... you know? 

This weekly post idea was inspired by my new found love of Young Living Essential Oils. I know I'm doing better for myself, my family, and saving money in the process! I am about a year in with Young Living and absolutely have fallen head over heels with my oils. Here is a little about how I got started... 

At around two years old, Hylan Marie was sick... I brought her to the doctor only for them to tell me that it was a viral infection and would have to run it's course. GREAT.... so I left empty handed, with nothing to help my little girl... just knowing I had to push through a lot of sleepless nights and cranky days ahead. I am SO thankful for modern medicine, but I also know it is over used, and I'm thankful for that physician not giving me an antibiotic that day, because it made me seek out ANOTHER way. A way that I now feel is a way of life! From being preventative instead of waiting until I'm in the thick of an illness, to using the oils as my little personal version of aroma therapy in my home instead of candles and air fresheners that have questionable ingredients... we are moving into a healthier lifestyle. I did not change over night, and I know we have a long way to go, but we're in it, and I feel it so important that it deserves a day of the week on the blog. I hope it helps someone else, you find a helpful tip, blend idea, or use for oils if you use them. And if you're interested in knowing more about it all, message me. I'll be happy to help you become educated, get started,  and see how it can point you in a direction you won't regret.

It all starts somewhere, and for me, it was that breaking moment with HM, a sweet friend who had traveled the oil road ahead of me and immediately dropped some samples in my mailbox to help ease the pain of my little girl. I'm pretty sure I signed up with Young Living the next week as a member. haha

It wasn't as easy start as I would have hoped. I pretty much got the started kit and stared at it. "What in the world do I do with ALL this?!" "Could I hurt my children by diffusing too much of something?" "How much is too much? Too little?" "You put oils where?"
AHHHH!

I put it to the side for a month. Seriously.

Well, allergy season was around the corner and all these "oily people" were screaming "LEMON, LAVENDER, PEPPERMINT" like they were playing rock, paper, scissors.

So I tried it.

Guess what... I didn't have a sinus infection that year (I ALWAYS get one in the spring and in the fall.) *Not by diffusing just once mind you... it's more like 2-3 times a day during the season... just FYI.
*******Also... I am currently using Thieves, Frankincense, and Lemon on our feet (it can be absorbed best here and into your body) and diffusing! It is helping fight sinus infections!*******

I became a believer. 

Since then, I have continued to learn more and more about what I can do with oils, and I've fallen in love with Young Living's Thieves Cleaner, cough drops, etc. I learned I often didn't let my, or my kid's, bodies and God's nature given toolbox do it's thing... enough. I have seen people/kids go from one antibiotic to another, and that's where I felt I was heading sometimes. I wanted to try another healthier way. I was a little nervous at first and had NO idea what I was doing. So I did some research... come to find out that no one had died from oil usage, I proceeded. :) I began reading, getting more knowledge from my friend, Vaughan (the angel that dropped those oils in my mailbox), following boards on Pinterest and doing more research.

It is serving us well, and saving us money, and for that I am so thankful! Not to mention most of our friends use oils and are ALWAYS throwing out new ideas and thoughts that inspire and help me along the way! (Homemade laundry detergent people! It's saving us so much money, non-toxic, and I can customize my smell. :)

So there is the little back story of why I decided to start a Wellness Wednesday post. In the future, I'll be sharing some recipes I love (laundry detergent for sure!), particular oils that are favorites of ours, and any tips and tricks I have found thus far! Please feel free to link up, message me, and leave a comment regarding wellness that could help others and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment