Monday, April 30, 2018

Weekend Recap- We stayed home!

It was one of those few and far between weekends when we lived simply at home... and it was glorious!

Ryan had big plans to tackle the chicken coup this weekend, so the kids and I decided to hold a lemonade stand with a yard sale. :) Yes, usually its the other way around, but the lemonade stand was the main cause for the day. :)

They had fun, and I found Burke is not shy in asking a stranger for money. #weneedtoworkonthis


We had some friends stop by, and I can't believe I didn't get their pictures now that I look back at my camera roll!
Libby and Mary Grace, Mrs. Brandy, Mr. Roger- our mailman, among a few!

(Sister will pose for me... Burke is totally over picture time.)


While cleaning up lunch, I walked into the living room to find this. :)
DONE.


Meanwhile, Ryan worked on a place for these new pets to reside in come a few short weeks. 


She loves her chick!


Cherp and Cheep are part of the fam.

(Let's hope Cheap is a hen... but it's not looking good.)

I will have to do a whole post on this chicken coup once the entire space and run are finished and chickens are in. Ryan amazes us!
Forget farm to table... he basically went pre-farm... as in- cut a pine tree down, milled it, preserved the wood using a natural method, and built the coup himself. I'm over the top amazed at him and his ability to design and build. I love watching his wheels turn and his creations come to life!


He was a mess Saturday night. I've never seen someone so dirty. lol


Sunday, we went to church (and I NEVER have time to snap a picture because we are always in a rush), tried out a new restaurant in town, and came home to get back to work. 

Here, Ryan is getting annoyed with me and my picture documenting. :)



I think he had intended me to help instead. :)


 Finished product!


And then the kids had to play on it. 


and in it, 


and made us realize that we indeed needed chickens in our life, just so Burke can learn what a chicken really sounds like. :)

Hope your weekend was relaxing!
 XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment