Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Thai Lettuce Wraps

So, we are not going to be filling our refrigerator before going on vacation, but here is the ONE meal I am making this week!

Thai Lettuce Wraps!

They are over the top easy and fast. I had this or another favorite- Mexican Stuffed Shells, on our menu, and quickly chose this one yesterday because the kids and I didn't get home till 5:30 (dinner time normally), and were filthy, and I know that I can whip this up in 20 minutes! So, while they were bathing and then did homework, I was able to multitask and make this too! 

Make it! It's so easy and yummy!

(I"m so sorry I didn't get any pictures of the process...I started strong with the two pictures below, and then had to help someone color or something. :)

Easy Thai Lettuce Wraps

-1 lb lean turkey (her recipe calls for beef, but we like turkey. I have used ground chicken before too. Lots of options!)
-1 tbs sesame oil
-3 cloves garlic (minced)
-1/3 cup brown sugar (hers calls for 1/2, but I found that a tad too sweet for us)
-1/4 cup soy sauce (we used reduced sodium)
-1/4 tsp. ground ginger
-chopped water chestnuts (optional)
-rice (we use jasmine)
-Bibb lettuce



Start your rice on the stove, then in another pan you simply add the oil and garlic to the pan. Let heat up and add your meat and brown and then drain. Then add in brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and chopped water chestnuts. Stir and let simmer for 15-20 minutes while your gets get a bath and serve up with the cooked rice and Bibb lettuce. Or if your like me, and forgot your Bibb lettuce serve over a bed of romaine. hahaha! It tastes just as good!



For momfessionals recipe and really great photos, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment