Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Wrapping up the summer bucket list

These past weeks of summer we have been trying to knock out our last summer bucket list activities (and added to them too... as today we went to DeSoto Caverns (which is only 10 minutes away from us!). 



It was a random thought, and I thought, why not!

It was so fun, and I can't believe we hadn't done this sooner! (Or put it on our summer list!)

They had "attractions" you could add to your ticket, and I couldn't say no! Some were so fun (like this giant maze that felt very "Survivor"... can you tell who loved it and who could care less?)


Burke wanted to do this TINY make-me-clostrophobic rat maze. So I let him, but could hardly watch because it made me so paranoid!


So I just watched sister in this giant ball pit that was close by. :)


They also panned for jewels (my fav!)

Sorry... not many pictures of the actual cavern. :) It wasn't the best lighting, and here's the best I could get!


I have been before with a school group, but this was the kids' first experience. Burke LOVED it... the only thing that could be better would be to have a "kid-version" of the tour... where there was less lecture and more exploring. I found everything very interesting that our tour guide was saying, but those under age 5 struggle with the fact that they have to listen to someone talk while there is a water fall to see! 
#justmytipsDeSotoCaverns

The laser light  or "fireworks," as HM called them, was one of the highlights for both of them. They couldn't stop oohing and ahhing... and neither could I!

In other summer events...

We've had a lot more backyard time lately because we had our yard fogged! Best decision ever! 
We now can enjoy the nice temps in the evening without being eaten alive by mosquitos!





We have been a bit crafty as well...
We practiced our shapes and construction skills. :) Burke built a mean bridge and figured out that triangles were the key to getting his bridge to "make it" without my help. :)

These are some of my FAVORITE times at home. #Onceateacheralwaysateacher. 


Burke found that he has two loose bottom teeth! (Which we think is a direct result of a major collision to sisters head while at the ball park last week. lol)

He proceeded to try to eat everything sticky in an attempt to pull it out after our "loose teeth stories"


Ree and PaPa also hosted these AUsome ladies over the weekend!


It was such a great time to get to know these girls better!


They are all so precious and couldn't represent Auburn better!

I am so excited about fall! Band camp starts this weekend and I couldn't be more ready to start!




(Picture below of all the girls in Fake Lashes 101) 
I never realized how amazing you could look with a little lash help! ha!


In other news... I have gotten better at braiding!



These pictures do no justice to how precious sister looked before church!







We've also been to the library's story time and caught our friend Mandy doing a little "Suessercise" class too! SO fun!



We've checked off the cousin spend the night party and camp out. :)
Daddy enjoyed being the butler. :)


And these two were caught cuddling on more than one occasion. :)
They love each other for sure.


Friday, Burke has meet the teacher for KINDERGARTEN! I can't believe summer is ending. It has been so good to us!





No comments:

Post a Comment