Saturday, August 26, 2017

Kindergarten!

So right after summer ended *tear, and school began, I jumped right into Auburn's band camp, and it was basically survival mode for 3 weeks. hahaha
So, I'm going to try to back up and document some important happenings!
This boy started Kindergarten!

We decided to keep him at First Methodist for 1/2 day Kindergarten this year, for numerous reasons, and we are so glad we did. He is LOVING school and has already started learning so much in two short weeks!
He met his teacher, Mrs. Meade, the Friday prior to school.

They didn't want to leave her classroom. :)

In honor of this huge Kindergarten sized milestone we held a family Kindergarten Kickoff Party. :)
I got the idea from Andrea at Momfessionals, and tweaked it a bit!

The kids went to my parents for two nights, and that allowed me to clean house (Hallelujah!... it hadn't been scrubbed well since the last day of school!) and decorated... which didn't take long, it was just taking the time to gather all the things!




The banner was from the Target bargain bins (LOVE THAT SECTION!)
All the other things we had on hand.

Centerpiece were my Dr. Seuss books stacked high with a globe my mom found at a garage sale a while back.
Cardstock for place settings, and orange napkins left from one of Burke's parties completed the look.

Any reason to throw a party!



We have a super talented cookie baker (and retired teacher!) that made the cookies! Follow Sugamomma on Instagram! They were perfect!


Afterwards, daddy helped fill out his All About Me poster for his classroom. On it, he included what he wants to be when he grows up... which has changed from architect to American Ninja Warrior. hahaha


Also, laid out was his Ready Confetti and First Day of School book!


So the ready confetti has been on my radar ever since I became a teacher. There is basically a poem that goes along with it that explains how this confetti (if sprinkled under your pillow) will help you get a good nights rest (mom and dad too!) to start Kindergarten off right. :) It worked. :)

I have the file I created... but it won't let me download. If anyone would like a copy, I can email... just comment with your email!



He was so excited. haha!




I'm just glad I used "big" confetti... because I still think we will be finding it at Christmas. hahaha
*One friend suggested they put it inside their pillow case to keep it contained! Good tip!

After putting him to bed, I made sure he was ready to go the next morning.
Backpack, poster, and cookie for his teacher!
I can't believe he's old enough for this!


The next morning, he woke up extra early... first day of school clothes in hand. He was ready to go the moment he woke up! ha!





He must have known momma's heart was hurting, because he said, "Momma will you snuggle with me and watch George?"
 Ummmm..... YES.



*snuggling* 





We had our traditional first day of school breakfast of alphabet pancakes and fruit... (except this time I cheated and found alphabet cookies to spell out the message).
And just to show how tired and in a hurry I was... 
I didn't even notice my mistake until I was flipping back through these digital pictures. hahaha




We walked in the school doors with Burke's best bud, Jack.
These two are the best of friends!


NO tears from anyone! Whoohoo!


When I picked him up that day he was All smiles and a huge hat. :)
He is in love with school. So thankful for a great teacher, school, and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment