Thursday, December 5, 2013

Gobble gobble

Where to start?

First off, I have not had time to blog because over Thanksgiving break my brother let me borrow The Hunger Games series from him. Yes... I realize I am behind in this trend, but hey, who has time to read for pleasure unless it's over a holiday break?

Needless to say, I have not been productive this week due to my eyes being glued to the first book (even though I have seen the movie) during Burke's nap time and then continuing it once both boys go to sleep at night. Which is quite a vicious cycle, because then I'm exhausted by nap time the following day and only feel like lying down with the book... again... You see the problem? Life is hard I tell you.

And today, the only reason I'm able to blog is because I got full closure last night... I finished the book Tuesday and rewatched the movie, yet again, with hubster. I vowed to myself that I WILL NOT start the second one until I get my Christmas cards in the mail, wrap my Christmas presents, and do the necessary evil... laundry. (Goals people.)

Getting back on track... Thanksgiving.

Ours was wonderful. We traveled to Cullman on Wednesday night, and caught up with our long lost friend Laci. She even brought Burke an ornament. How thoughtful (not to mention hilariously adorable) is this?

They resemble, right? Maybe a little too much? 

Thursday, we woke up, and were at my mom and dad's house by 7:30am. I think they were a little surprised. :) That's 8:30am to us, and we're having dance parties by that time.

Pardon the interruption...
(I'm sorry, but I'm watching the AL/Auburn replay while I blog... how in the world was that not a touchdown when Nick Marshall crossed the goal line at the end of the second quarter??? There are some calls that are controversial, but that would not be one. We scored on the next play... but still!)

Sorry, back to Thanksgiving...
Some of my mom's family joined us for Thanksgiving lunch as well as my Grandma and Grandpa Bartlett. Usually we are gathered at their house, but with family not able to come down from Michigan, they joined us! Grandma fully agreed that it was nice being able to leave the mess at someone else's house for once. :) (LOVE that lady.) I even got to carve the turkey! (With guidance from grandma of course.)



We left around 3:00 to head to Ryan's family's Thanksgiving, for dinner at the lake. Yes, we were full. :) Full bellies and full hearts.


Friday, we took our time waking up,

and then went shopping, or should I say chasing Burke around the mall? We rode the carousel and the train. He loved it.






Saturday... Oh, Saturday. 



We had front row seats to one of the best games I've ever seen. And yes, those are empty seats you see...we got into the stadium 2 hrs early. :)






Rumor has it that it's the best football game in the history of the sport, but I bet that depends on who you talk to. The last play says it all.



After about five minutes of celebrating, hugging, and screaming "WE WON THE GAME!" to everyone around me, I decided to get my camera to catch some raw emotions.



even some tears shed (please note sobbing guy in the background)






William, welcome to the family. He has officially passed all tests of approval. He is a true Alabama fan, She-a true Auburn fan. They will get married next weekend... and live happily ever after because they survived that game sitting side-by-side.



Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well. 
 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name
~Psalm 100:4

No comments:

Post a Comment