Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas in 13 days?

How?

I love this time of year... however, it seems everyone is on overdrive with all the holiday festivities to attend, decorations to put up, cards to send, presents to buy... and the list could go on and on. Not to mention we will be meeting the newest Coleman any day now, and officially adding William to the family on Saturday! Exciting times! 

So I stayed up till 2:00am last night doing some major finishing touches to presents. I feel so much better! (Minus the slight twitch in my left eye.)

It's hard to forget about all the things on our "to do" lists, but we've tried to keep our focus on the reason for the season.


On our way back from Thanksgiving/Iron Bowl weekend we decided to stop by Gege's to pick up the Christmas decor! However...the Prius couldn't hold all the Christmas decorations I wanted to bring back to Atlanta. As I was completely distraught with the fact that we couldn't bring back the Christmas China, doormats, towels, etc... Ryan says to me, "Jessica, we might just have to make this Christmas a little bit simpler this year," as I'm trying to balance a box on Burke's lap while he's sleeping in the car seat...
So I had to suffice for ornaments, a tree skirt, the star, a wreath, the nativity, and my Santa truffle bowl. Sigh...


So on Sunday afternoon, we squeezed in a Home Depot trip right after we got home, and before the Panthers game that night. :)
I would love to tell you Burke ran around the parking lot (that's sad) trying to select our tree this year, but the fact is Ryan grabbed the first tree he could put his hands on and was off to have the trunk cut. :)
One day we'll make it to a Christmas Tree farm son. 

 And we had to do a little shopping, since the lights and stand were left behind... lights are OH SO necessary! 

  "Haf bifday dada" Or if you need a Burke translator...Happy birthday Jesus!


He loves the tree. If it's not on when he wakes up in the morning or from nap time, he runs to it and says "light, light!"
Merry Christmas y'all!

I'll be back with pictures from the big events to come in the next couple of days! 


No comments:

Post a Comment