Monday, August 19, 2013

90... whoa.

This past weekend we celebrated my grandma Moyer's 90th birthday! 


This is my beautiful grandma on my mom's side. 


It was a wonderful celebration. Complete with family I haven't seen in many many years!



And some I have NEVER met!

My grandma's only brother, Henry, died in the mid seventies... and his son, Paul... the guy sitting beside her, drove all the way from Michigan to see her and wish her a Happy Birthday!


It just goes to show what a wonderfully beautiful person she is on the inside and out.

I can remember staying with her and my grandpa Moyer in the summer when we were out of school. What I remember the most is lunch always having hoop cheese and saltine crackers, followed by one of grandma's classic desserts... pecan pie (my fav.), banana pudding, or chocolate chip cookies. I also have vivid memories of playing pool or basketball with grandpa, and grandma always bringing us something to drink (because you know you work up a sweat playing pool), and me and my brother riding our bikes around their quiet neighborhood. And I NEVER ... ever... have heard her raise her voice. What a wonderful example to strive to be like!

James 1:19
Therefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger:

Happy 90th Grandma! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment