Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

This Thanksgiving is different.

We won't be spending it with family because of doctor's orders to stay in Atlanta. Last week I went to my 24 wk. appointment, and everything caught us by surprise. To avoid TMI I was having contractions and didn't even know it! I guess between busy school days and working on the house I had overdone it. :/ They asked us to go to the hospital so they could monitor baby and me, where we got two steroid shots, 6 bags of IV, and meds to stop the contractions. I got to go home Saturday night, but was put on bed rest until my appointment this past Tuesday.

On Tuesday, my insides got great reviews! :) AND we got to see baby's face for the first time! Yep, he has been turned towards my back at EVERY sonogram... until Tuesday! Isn't' he handsome?! :)


Things look perfectly normal at this doctor's visit, but they will not let me go back to work until I get another good review, which is set for Dec. 6th.

It is so hard today to wake up in OUR home without the intention of getting ready and going to see our family. However, I am thankful for so many things. Not just today, but always.

Giving Thanks for ...
1)   God. The blessings here on earth don't even touch the blessings those who love Him will inherit one day. That is hard to imagine, but isn't that the most wonderful gift of all?!
2) my husband, Ryan. He has such a big heart, and love for others that I see and feel everyday. I truly know he is striving to be like Christ daily.
3) our family. You know your loved when people drive four hours just to see your face and mud drywall, insulate your attic, do your laundry, run your errands, put things in storage, and deliver groceries and home cooked food to your doorstep just to name a few. :)
4) baby C. We are so very blessed to able to be parents. I know this child is going to turn our word upside down... and I can't wait!
5) friends far away. Even though many of my friends are miles away, a phone call makes them feel  like they are sitting right next to me. Advise, and sometimes just a good laugh make all the difference in the day.
6) friends nearby. I have met to many wonderful people since we have moved to Atlanta. I know they would be there for me in a heartbeat, and I would do the same for them.
7) co-workers. This year my "team" changed drastically at school. I was so worried, and wondered how we would get along and work together, but after a short amount of time I have realized that they are AMAZING. They were the first ones to handle things when I had this unexpected hospital visit, and constantly are sending encouraging words my way. I don't know what I would do without them.
8) bible study. This year I have decided to do Disciple 1 with a group from church. It has changed my life, and has kept be accountable for studying God's word.
9)Bailey. His cuddly self calms me, and he makes me feel at home right when I come into the door everyday. Yes, he has his pitfalls- occasional house training difficulties,  and his unwillingness to get along with others, but nobody else could love him like we do!
10) my freedom. I know I take living in this country for granted, but it truly is a gift from God!
11) Auburn. That University introduced me to some of the best friends, memories, and experiences that anyone could ask for. I believe in Auburn, and love it! War Eagle!
12) our home. Ryan and I have invested so much time and energy into making our first home special to us. It is going to be hard to sell once it is finished, but we are going to be so proud of ourselves once we complete it!
13) my health. Being in the hospital for two days made me realize how thankful for all things my body can do. I pray that our baby boy is blessed in the same way.

This is just to name a few.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment