Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was mother's day, and Ryan and I are definitely blessed with two beyond awesome mothers who we LOVE so very much!

I even got to visit my friend, Misty, who is a momma herself, welcomed sweet baby Olen Joshua Freeman on May 5th! He should always have a good party since he is a Cinco de Mayo babe!

Isn't he just puuurfect?!


And of course I toured the damages from last weeks storms. It was unbelievable, and unfathomable how mother nature has that much power to completely demolish half of a town in 5 minutes.


What is even more amazing than the damage, is how this community is coming together. Churches giving their facilities to house people, food, clothing, supplies... people distributing food, clearing roads, cutting trees into manageable pieces... the list could go on forever. I am so proud to say I am from this small town of Cullman, AL.

After visiting my hometown, and hanging out with my parents, grandparents, friends, attending a wedding shower, and having a wonderful mother's day lunch with some great mothers, I headed home to the ATL. Once I arrived, this is what I feasted my brown eyes upon!

 TRIM... throughout the house!


If you remember, we posted about this before... in fact you probably are tired of seeing this old windows... but I guess it just goes to show how much effort goes into this one tiny humongous detail.
Now... this week I intend to paint the living and dining room window and door frames, and pick out window treatments this weekend! So we won't have to use our blanket as shades... not very appealing I know.
Any blinds, shades, or curtain suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment