Thursday, July 19, 2018

Summer Lovin'

I basically think summer will be full of down-time ... and that's just not the case! Sure, there are days spent at home, but the R&R is hard to come by. While alone time is HARD to find, I do love my days spent at home with my two, even when the arguing seems constant, my guidance and instructions are basically me just listening to myself talk, and the tired, worn out mom shows through... I remember how blessed I truly am. Sure, some days I can't wait for Ryan to walk through the door to then become the tackle magnet, or I crave to go to the grocery store


ALONE (... I pray this is all normal... ) and then I remember who I have been entrusted, who's I am, and how I fail... every.single.day. to be the mom that my kids need, BUT thankfully my God gives me grace and the encouragement to know that HE can fill the gaps. Amen? Amen.


Here's a little of what has gone on after my last summer post!

More lake days!



 Summer dance camps with friends!





Trips home to see my parents (and this photo was featured on the MJ site! Scroll down on their homepage under the instagram heading!)
https://www.matildajaneclothing.com 



Father's Day


Picked veggies at the farm.


and played in the creek and skipped rocks

Basketball camp for B!






I finished up my summer baton classes at the rec... and I already miss these girls!


And we've crashed our fair share of pools this summer. :)



We were given chickens by a sweet friend, and we have been loving their daily gifts!
They laid the first eggs on my birthday!


July 4th!
I just love this picture of HM. 



I love it when we shoot our own fireworks. It reminds me of days spent at my own grandparents house with our family. Laughter filling the air and the fun and excitement only fire and a small audience can bring. 


We've been to McWane.



And choreo for these sweet girls was completed last week! Two of them are seniors that were freshmen the year I started working with them. How time flies!


We've been cheesing for church.


Painted (or found stick-ons!) nails!



And baking goods with our fresh eggs.



And hanging with the best buds.



Just yesterday we traveled to Birmingham on a mission for B to get his first guitar! He is so excited about starting lessons! (Thank you Ree!)





and we also crossed off a major summer bucket item for HM while we were near the galleria!


It's hard to believe that school is two weeks away!
















No comments:

Post a Comment