Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Beach vacation (Part 2)

Picking up from Part 1....

The next day I forced myself up before 6am to enjoy my favorite time of day.

Oh, how on vacation you just want to sleep in (and I did, for the three days prior), but one taste of morning views like this make me regret those minutes of sleep I took on those days! I love a sunrise and the quiet start to the day before the day is filled with noise. I feel God's presence so easily in the morning before the day begins.

While walking, this guy let me get super close!


And the shells were amazing. I found some really unique ones!


My hot tea, turned into my bucket and it overflowed. 


When I got back to the room, we decided doughnuts were on the menu. Sister wanted to go with me to pick them out. We went to Sassy Bass Doughnut Shop! It did not disappoint.


^^^hahaha

We headed out to the ocean shortly after!



I really tried to get a cute pic of them, but this is how my attempts left me. ;)


We played, we snacked, we built a cool sand castle. :) 

And daddy wiped out. :)
I didn't get the tumble on video, but the giggles tell it all!





 Our castle, complete with a moat, and shell lined streets. 


Love the next picture of Burke! 



He is my wild and crazy, no filter, never stops talking, goofy and trickster little boy. So to catch him with a REAL smile in a photo is a rarity!


And sister saying "she-shell" is one of my favorite things of all time. 




We also stopped by the pool (which was freezing to any person over the age of 12) and the kids had so much fun!



 After naps and some rest time, we got ready and headed back to Fisher's to try the upstairs menu!






Our main course was delicious, but we both agreed our hearts were downstairs (with those burgers).


We got back to the condo in time to play on the beach at sunset.
And if you look really hard you can see a small part of a rainbow!



Sister came up with the great idea to play hide-and-seek while we were on our way from Fisher's to the beach. The conversation between Burke and HM in the backseat was hilarious as Burke tried to convince her that the beach was not a good place for this game. lol

But in true girl form, she had to find out for herself. ;)




(she wasn't touching her face because she had sand on her hands at this point. haha)

So hide and seek turned into tag, which turned into Burke trying to get away from "it" by going into the water....
Then things just got crazy. haha

and he was a wet, sandy, mess.


Meanwhile, sister was making sand food for everyone. :)



The boys went up and sister and I hung out and enjoyed the evening just a tad longer. 


 The next day we had to say our goodbyes to the beach. *tear






We had a few stops we had to make first. :)
 Burke won't let you forget the stop by "The sharks mouth" and an airbrushed shirt. haha
I'm sure we will grow out of this, but until then... 



Burke wanted Poke'mon... but the child has nothing Poke'mon so we vetoed it. Instead, he chose Sonic the Hedgehog (which he also knows nothing about except he's on a video game that he doesn't have. lol) Sister picked an "una-corn." :)

While we waited on our shirts, we passed the time by grabbing a treat at The Yard.
I had seen pictures of this place and it was on my MUST list this go around. 
IT WAS DELISH.



You get to keep the souvenir mason jars too!


The actual milkshake of the Unicorn didn't get devoured like the chocolate peanut butter one did, but all the yummy decorations (think cotton candy, white chocolate covered cone, rainbow gummy strips, and cool whip with sprinkles took a hammering. :)
^THIS though.^

Once we finished, I found sister looking in windows of the shops near by... well... it happened to be Lilly and totally matched her attire. haha


We didn't have time to shop, or I totally would have bought us something matchy matchy!
(Ryan, you got out good here. :)




And then we proceeded home and this one slept for THREE hours and still went to bed at 9!
#parentingwin


We couldn't have asked for better weather, a more beautiful setting, and the best time together with our little family. So many blessings!









No comments:

Post a Comment