Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure I set a world record during nap time on Monday...

and deserve a medal.

I am on full nesting mode. My husband can attest. I've got a project list for days... (I'm so sorry Ryan.) 

Back to my medal... (you know I kid, right?)

I painted this (Isn't it great?! You can't get the full picture with out the drawers and such, but the Coleman's let us have this antique that was sitting at the farm to use for baby girls changing table!),

Ironed and put these up on two windows in the dinning room (husband put in the rods on Sunday),


Prepped for dinner,

made a "Big Bro" shirt with an iron-on appliqué kit from Hobby Lobby (the iron is rarely hot around here... because I just don't do it :)

AND took a one hour nap with my favorite 2 year old before he awoke from his slumber (who am I kidding... this happened before ANY project could be attempted). I'm pretty sure I have to have that nap mid-day as much as he does at this point. I know it's because I'm exhausted by noon, but I have a feeling I don't even know tired until baby girl gets here (and I have to give that nap up... tear). 

Speaking of baby girl... SHE HAS A NAME...

Hylan Marie Coleman

*Side note to our future daughter*
I loved SO many other traditional names... so Hylan, here are the ones we were contemplating naming you and why we nixed them. 
Emma Kate- LOVED it... but too common), Madelynne, Audrey, or Mae Claire (My favs...Ryan's wasn't a fan), Kinley (I wasn't a fan), and then Ann Marie (this is what I thought deep down you would be named because your dad loved it so much from the beginning). After coming across the last name "Hyland" from the actress Sarah Hyland, I fell in love. However, your daddy didn't like the "D," and so I could live with Hylan. The more and more I looked at it, I loved it... the kicker for your dad was when I made him write it and print it out on paper. :) (Go ahead... write it in cursive... it's quite nice!) Added bonuses were that your initials don't spell any bad words or rhyme with any, it's a beautiful monogram, and it has family ties.
*

So not only am I on nesting mode for this baby... but to finish tons of projects in our house. The good news is that we're about half way through the list!

Fact is... husband deserves a medal too.
It definitely takes two in order to get all this stuff done (and done right... otherwise we would have crooked curtain rods and lots of holes in the wall).

For instance... some things I can do myself... like this collage (held up with 3M strips... only after I swear I was shocked when trying to tap a small nail into the wall... my husband ordered me to stop immediately). :) 

Others... not so much. We have plaster walls. I didn't know this and tried to nail into one to hang the largest canvas. Wellll.... you can guess how that went... Ryan saved the day.


Two projects are above... the DIY photo canvas prints (pinterest idea) turned out great...and I saved a ton of $$. The "curtains" are drop cloths turned curtains (pinterest yet again.) I just have to make the tie backs still...

This piece is going back out of the kids room, and the refinished changing table (that is a work in progress above) will be moving in shortly. Ryan moved it from the farm house to the basement and sanded it. I cleaned it and painted it. All that's left is for him to make a shelf where the second drawer would have been (it was too damaged to salvage.) We really have to work together in order to get all the "to do's" done around here before January!

Truth is, all these "projects" are just that... projects. They only are done when Burke either goes to "school" for 3 1/2 hours two days a week, or when he's napping. The JOY of my day comes from time spent with him, and I would never abuse that time whittling away at things that, at the end of the day, don't matter. I wouldn't take a million dollars for hours spent jumping in the mounds of leaves we have at our house,


having playdates with friends,
(Our latest visit with our ATL friends! You can read about this day on my friend Lindsey's blog)

(Veteran's Day Storytime/Parade yesterday! What sweet friends we have made!)

or listening to Burke's sweet voice tell me about his day at school or the latest his daddy has taught him about tools.

(In case you need translation... "lefty lousy, righty tighty") That voice melts my heart!

Preparing for another one of God's miracles to enter our house is a top priority (hence all the projects, right?)... but nothing is more important to me than being active in my child's (soon to be children's!) lives, and praying that they see that they are more important that any THING I do. 

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment