Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A sprint to the couch

So yesterday I took a 1.5 hour nap.

I took Burke to a great park, and brought Bob (the running (who am I kidding?) walking stroller) along.  Two brisk miles were walked, and I called it quits. I'm officially out of shape.
Burke played... hard, and as you can tell in the picture- ate mulch.


After a quick trip to Target to grab some essentials for baking some zucchini muffins that were raved about on FB, we headed home for lunch (this included enticing Burke to stay awake by force feeding him Goldfish.)

I basically threw Burke into his high chair because his eyes were rolling back in his head, he was so tired. He chowed down on a PB&J sandwich, sweet potatoes, and applesauce, and a cookie for good measure. (While I ate carrot sticks, apple slices, and the crust of his sandwich).

We bolted to his bedroom... story time, hugs and kisses... and into the crib he went.

I SPRINTED to the couch and slept from 12:30-2:00.

I did not feel guilty.

It was glorious.

I'm not sure what prompted this... since Nana and Paw Paw kept Burke Thursday night to Sunday afternoon so we could work at GeGe's house.  We had uninterrupted sleep, and woke with our internal clocks, you would think I would be caught up.

Guess not.

Burke was still sleeping when I woke up. Refreshed, I prepped for dinner, and even made the batter for the muffins that I wanted to make the next morning.

Winning in all areas... except the muffins. They looked good, but were disgusting. On to my next attempt on hiding veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment