Friday, March 30, 2012

Baby B's Yellow and Grey Nursery Reveal

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now... but something more important came up...

Ugh.... can't get enough of this guy. Anyway...

You can read here about the great wall color and the stripes we put on Burke's wall.
While pregnant, and stalking pregnant people's blogs, I kept finding myself drawn to the yellow and grey color scheme. Before we knew the gender, I kept trying to come up with ways that yellow and grey could work for a boys room... because most of the rooms that I had seen were for girls. Well, Burke... hopefully we didn't disappoint you! We think it's babyish enough with a slight bit of sophistication to work for a baby boy's room. Hope you like it as much as we do!

The bedding is the one thing we splurged on... and boy was it fun! :) If your looking to do the same, the sweet ladies at Precious Cargo can definitely help you out! They are absolutely wonderful!

The light is from Ikea, curtains on clearance at Target, and I made his name using chip board letters, scrap book paper, and mod podge from Hobby Lobby.

The rocker and side table were a sweet find at our local Goodwill! I just had the chair cleaned and mom and I sanded and painted the little table.

The clock was another DIY project. I found the clock itself at Tuesday Morning, and decided to use pictures of his immediate family members instead of numbers.  

For the changing table we were going to do an awesome refinishing job like my soon-to-be-mommy, Lindsey (check out her changing table here), however time was running out, and we ended up using Walmart gift cards to purchase the one pictured below.

The lamp was on clearance at Target, and the changing pad cover designed and bought on Etsy. Everything else in this picture were gifts!

 The giraffe is a homemade gift from our friend, Mackenzie. Isn't it adorable?! The canvases were a present from Ryan's aunt and were used at one of our baby showers as part of the decor as well as the wreath on his closet door... which doubled as his announcement on the door at the hospital.

 Here are two more of the canvases sitting in one of his bedroom windows. I love these bible verses. 


We absolutely love it. Ryan and I both would rather sleep in his room than ours at this point. Unfortunately, our bedroom is an eye sore right now due to focus on other areas of the house. Maybe we'll get on that in our spare time...

nah....

I'd rather stare at him.
He's four weeks old today! Can you believe it???

2 comments: