Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday's Favorite: For the love of turquiose

I love turquiose. It just might be my favorite color. I actually prefer the shade on the deep side, as shown here:

Yes... that is a random fake beach chair, but THAT is the exact color I love. 

While walking on the beach this past week I saw one of this exact color, and it inspired me to paint something of mine I have been thinking about for the last couple of weeks. I started working on a jewlery holder project, similar to one that you would see HERE on Etsy, and would have finished it last night if I could have found the stinkin staple gun... grrrr. 

Thanks for letting me vent.

Anyway, I had to settle for the turqoise you see below because I couldn't find a deeper shade in any local stores, and as my husband knows, I am kind of impatient when I want things done...
Here it is all turqoised up!

I do love it!
 
I will also be enjoying this shade of turquiose in exactly one month from today! Meet Montego Bay, Jamaica:


Ryan and I will be celebrating our 3 year anniversary surrounded by this beautiful color! Man, how time flies!

What's your favorite color?

No comments:

Post a Comment