Thursday, June 7, 2018

Friday Favorites- I'm still here edition

That's right- I'm alive, and linking up with Andrea, Narci, and Erica for Friday Favorites!

I had intended to take off a few days after all the end of school activities to get our summer rolling, BUT not two weeks! About a week or so ago, my computer (that is practically brand new!) crashed... in a big way-like not even the Apple geniuses could fix it. Thankfully this baby was still under warranty and a new hard drive was installed. We are now back in business (and way overdue for some updates!) I will try to catch up on the BIG things like Burke's graduation post next week! In the meantime- here are our FAVORITES this week!

Finishing up mini-camp with these fabulous ladies!

We had such an awesome mini-camp weekend. I will rehash in another post, but they had me at War Eagle. :)


Summer. Summer is just our FAVORITE.


We have been enjoying our nowhere-to-be time clock and treat-yo-self attitude when it comes to breakfast decisions :)


Why yes. We went out at 8am looking like this. 
Kids in pj's-check, HM in cowboy boots-check, plus sassy pose- DOUBLE check. 

Our new doughnut store did not disappoint! As you can see from Burke's quote at the top of the picture. :)

Breaking out the traditional blow-up pool was a FAVORITE for my crew. What is childhood without one?



HM had her first "nastics" class Monday... and with her friend JP too!
They did so good and had so much fun!





Sister had a smile on her face the whole time. I love it!

Summer time with kiddos is also a FAVORITE of mine because it's my chance to bring my teacher game up a notch. During the year, doing more beyond "homework" that comes home is tough, so I plug in some fun and helpful games that review skills they will need to start their school year during the summer in an intentional way.
They look forward to whatever "school" activity I have planned! No boring flashcards allowed.


I plan to share some of the fun we have done soon!
Meanwhile, this ^ was a FAVORITE I can share really quickly!
Here's what I posted on insta!
You can use this fun little water activity to review a TON of skills. I plan to use it today with math!






Fresh veggies and grilled chicken is my FAVORITE when I can muster up the desire to cook! Ha!


Also, after a little family tennis night, where I put HM's hair in double piggy knots, I took it down and THIS was what happened! I am seriously going to try this with my own hair. ha! It was gorgeous body and curls for the win and NO heat or products! I need to test this method and perfect it, because how awesome would it be to just sleep on twisted up hair and be fabulous?! FAVORITE!


And maybe the most FAVORITE of mine this week is seeing my sweet friend, Heather, ring the bell that signals her completion of 20 radiation treatments. This lady is SO STRONG and now is in the waiting process before a scan to show the results. Please be with me in prayer that the cancer is GONE! She believes in God's healing power and claims her healing in HIM every.time.


That's a wrap for this Friday Favorites, have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment