Thursday, August 6, 2015

k-3...I see you, momma.

I see you momma... all of you. If you didn't have a tear rolling down your cheek, you had half your eye make-up on. I feel you. Burke is only in K-3 and I about lost it.

As exciting as the "firsts" are in our kids lives... it also makes a "last" of something....
The first day of K-3, meant the last day of my two year old. 

The first time your child starts walking, means the days of them holding your fingers to balance is coming to an end. 

The first time they open a juice box by themselves, means your floors will always be sticky their role is increasing and your role is decreasing.

He must increase, and I must decrease. John 3:30

Isn't life all about these changes? We were once in our child's exact position, and our parents in ours, and before that it was our parents as a child... and on and on... and so why is this particular "first" (the first day of school) one of the worst days of our lives? (kidding, not kidding)

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

We know time is fleeting, at a quick rate. Our child just walked into (insert grade) for the love! We worry about their well being, if they will make friends, if the teacher is kind... the list goes on and on.

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalms 90:12

But I know, without a doubt, that God is with our babies. He tells us so!




Now... que traditional first day pictures. :)

Our morning jig...
(His dance moves now involve floor work.)

Breakfast of champions...

 The ring tearing of the last of the Back to School Countdown...

THEN my camera died. Almost positive this happened last year.
So... iPhone photos it is.


He went right to the toys... no tears...kissed me bye and that was it!


Too into the toys for a picture by his door.

I know he is going to love Mrs. Autumn's Class.

And some pictures from Meet the Teacher yesterday...




AND... our back to school interview:


My name is ....... Burke

The grade I'm starting this year is.....held up 5 fingers. 

I am most excited about ..... suggyhangers. (He says this all the time when he's being silly. I have NO IDEA what this is or where he got it from!)

When I grow up I want to be ..... a cockroach. (We have a funny one folks. He knows they are my biggest FEAR.)

My best friend is..... Cade. 

My favorite book is..... Curious George and the train.

My favorite color is..... orange.

My favorite game is..... Candy Land.

My favorite thing to eat is ..... chicken salad. (Really? Well, looks like Chicken Salad Chick it is!)

My favorite thing about school is ..... Tumblebus. (a gym program they bring to school on Thursday's... he LOVES it.)

The best thing that happened today ....we colored.


Here's to a great school year!



No comments:

Post a Comment